The Equity Task Force is comprised of 15 members of the nonprofit community at various stages of their careers including program & service directors, executive directors, board members & chairs, and consultants. From their leadership and guidance, we address the systemic issues that face the nonprofit sector and how the sector can bring about change.
The group was formed in September of 2019 with a strong focus on bringing equity across the nonprofit sector. As our eyes and ears in the nonprofit sector, they provide crucial insight on the changes needed to make the nonprofit sector equitable for all. This not only includes those receiving the benefits of the sectors programming and services but the staff and nonprofit organizations as well.
With their assistance in August of 2020, we formulated Actions Steps to make the nonprofit sector more equitable for all in the North Central Florida Community.
Current members include:
- Alyssa Brown, Vice President, Public Policy, Greater Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Angela Howard, President & CEO, North Central Florida YMCA
- Carrie Lee, Board Chair, Community Foundation of North Central Florida
- Charles Harris, CEO, Central Florida Community Action Agency
- Deborah Bowie, Assistant City Manager, City of Gainesville
- Maggie Labarta, Owner and Founder, Impact Non-profit Consulting
- Eric Godet, President & CEO, Greater Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Ian R. Fletcher, Vice President of Education & Talent Alignment, Greater Gainesville Chamber’s Compact Foundation
- James Lawrence, GNV4ALL
- John Alexander, Executive Director, Gainesville Police Department – Reichert House
- Laura dePaz Cabrera, Managing Partner, George & Cabrera Immigration Attorneys
- Natalya Bannister, Executive Director, Pace Center for Girls, Alachua
- Tiffany McKenzie, Director of Community Development, Central Florida Community Action Agency
- Virginia Grant, President, Gainesville Black Professionals